STAINLESS STEEL – BROWN GRADIENT OPALIN DIAL
Ref: LCF 041.AC.G1GO
Laurent Ferrier is best known today as a master independent watchmaker, but rewind 40 years to the 1970s and his name was more likely to be seen on the roster of some of the most prestigious motor races. He competed in the legendary 24 Hours of Le Mans seven times, coming first in the two-litre prototype category in 1977.
It was during this period that he met fellow driver and industrialist François Servanin. The two men shared a passion for both speed and mechanics which cemented their friendship and in 1979 they raced together behind the wheel of a Porsche 935T from the Kramer racing team, coming an overall third in the competition. Their performance was all the more remarkable considering that many of their competitors were professional Formula 1 drivers.
The two gentlemen’s love for mechanics never waned, leading them to form the Laurent Ferrier watch brand in 2009. Today they remember the beginning of their friendship and motor racing adventures with this brand-new limited edition Tourbillon Grand Sport that captures the spirit of 1970s motor racing.
A Grand Sport Design
The Tourbillon Grand Sport catches the eye with its smoked taupe-coloured dial and orange luminescent hands and indexes that respect the brand’s love for elegance and finesse, while offering a sportier and more powerful design. The dial is protected by a spherical tinted sapphire crystal that softens the dial and provides a beautifully rounded profile when viewed from the side.
- Tourbillon, opposite double balance spring.
- Swiss lever escapement.
- Balance at variable geometry, with screw.
- Tourbillon frame carrier in periphery.
- Hours and Minutes in the centre. Small seconds at 6 o´clock. Power reserve area indicator on the back side.
- Crown for winding, time-setting.
- Movement diameter
- 31.60 mm (14´´´).
- 5.57 mm.
- 3Hz (21´600 /H).
- Power reserve
- 80 hours.
- Number of components
- Number of jewels
- Stainless steel.
- 44 mm diameter.
- 3 parts, middle, bezel and bottom hooked Sapphire bottom, tourbillon movement vision.
- Stainless steel.
- Tinted sapphire glass and satin finishing on the sides and polished bezel.
- Water resistance
- Brown gradient with nickel opalin in the center.
- Small second at 6 o’clock.
- 18K/750 210 Pd white gold with orange superluminova.
- 18K/750 White gold 210Pd.
- Hours and minutes
- Assegai-shaped with orange superluminova.
- Rubber, taupe.
- Folding clasp.