WHITE GOLD CASE – VERTICAL SATIN-BRUSHED, SILVER-TONED DIAL
A subtle blend of past memories and contemporary techniques, the Galet Micro-Rotor is an impressive compendium of horological innovations. Its self-winding movement with off-centred winding micro-rotor stems from an exclusive development inspired by Abraham-Louis Breguet’s échappement naturel.
The Galet Micro Rotor is an elegant and efficient timepiece, equipped with an exclusive in-house movement developed, assembled and adjusted in the Laurent Ferrier workshops.
The curve of the case reflects the brand’s pure, restrained design codes. It is pebble-shaped (galet in French) in a nod to the large and refined historical watch models. It is equipped with a ball-shaped winding-crown ensuring more pleasant handling.
The excessively noisy ball-bearing system has been replaced by a more traditional horological mechanism with pawls.
The automatic winding movement, visible exclusively through the sapphire caseback is crafted in the finest traditional manner with a rating precision duly certified by Besançon Observatory
As with all watches bearing the Laurent Ferrier signature, each detail of this version of the Galet Classic has been meticulously chosen and crafted with rigorous care.
In endowing the Galet Micro Rotor with such attributes, Laurent Ferrier demonstrates its unconditional respect for classical fine watchmaking. Time should have no hold over this model that displays an authentic sense of detail.
The Galet Micro-Rotor features three exclusive characteristics:
- a micro-rotor pawl-fitted automatic winding system fixed between the mainplate and the micro-rotor bridge
- a silicon escapement with double direct impulse on the balance
- a silent-block shock-absorbing system protecting the micro-rotor
The escapement with double direct impulse on the balance
This exclusive silicon escapement with double direct impulse on the balance is inspired by the father of modern horology, Abraham-Louis Breguet. This modern construction, associated with the use of cutting-edge materials, maximises the restitution of energy. The excellent efficiency of this escapement serves to reduce the torque required to wind the mainspring and hence optimises the movement winding.
What is the meaning of “double direct impulse on the balance”?
Inspired by detent escapements, this Laurent Ferrier escapement offers the advance of giving two impulses per oscillation (1 oscillation = 2 vibrations). This means that the movement frequency of 3 Hz (21,600 vph) impulses the balance 21,600 times per hour.
- FBN Calibre 229.01, automatic winding with pawl-fitted micro-rotor, 72-hour power reserve
- hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock
- Movement diameter
- 14’’’ = 31.60 mm
- Movement thickness
- 4.35 mm
- Number of parts
- Number of jewels
- 21,600 vph (3Hz)
- silver-toned, slate grey or black, with vertical satin-brushed finish
- drop-shaped in 18K white gold or 5N red gold
- “Assegai-shaped” in 18K gold for the hours and minutes, baton-shaped for the seconds
- 18K white gold 210Pd non-rhodiumed or 5N red gold
- Water resistance
- 30 m
- Case diameter
- 40 mm
- Case thickness
- 10.70 mm
- in brown or black hand-sewn alligator leather with Alcantara lining
- buckle or double-blade folding clasp in 18K white gold or 5N red gold