RED GOLD CASE – VERTICAL SATIN-BRUSHED, SILVER-TONED DIAL
The Galet Micro-Rotor “Montre Ecole” – Gold
Offered in Red Gold or White Gold three-piece bassiné cases, the gold models are fitted with Assegai hands matching the case metals. Sharing with the steel version’s dial are the vertical satin brushed finish in a silver hue and the minimalist small seconds dial with snailed finish in the centre and a sandblasted outer section. The Galet Micro-Rotor “Montre Ecole” in gold will exhibit the exact same decoration as our existing Micro-Rotor models. The gold editions attach to the wrist with light brown alligator leather straps with Alcantara lining, secured by a pin buckles or a double blade folding clasps in white or red gold.
Platinum is available on request.
The Galet Micro-Rotor features three exclusive characteristics:
- a micro-rotor pawl-fitted automatic winding system fixed between the mainplate and the micro-rotor bridge
- a silicon escapement with double direct impulse on the balance
- a silent-block shock-absorbing system protecting the micro-rotor
The escapement with double direct impulse on the balance
This exclusive silicon escapement with double direct impulse on the balance is inspired by the father of modern horology, Abraham-Louis Breguet. This modern construction, associated with the use of cutting-edge materials, maximises the restitution of energy. The excellent efficiency of this escapement serves to reduce the torque required to wind the mainspring and hence optimises the movement winding.
What is the meaning of “double direct impulse on the balance”?
Inspired by detent escapements, this Laurent Ferrier escapement offers the advance of giving two impulses per oscillation (1 oscillation = 2 vibrations). This means that the movement frequency of 3 Hz (21,600 vph) impulses the balance 21,600 times per hour.
- FBN Calibre 229.01, automatic winding with pawl-fitted micro-rotor, 72-hour power reserve
- hours, minutes, small seconds at 6 o’clock
- Movement diameter
- 14’’’ = 31.60 mm
- Movement thickness
- 4.35 mm
- Number of parts
- Number of jewels
- 21,600 vph (3Hz)
- silver-toned, slate grey or black, with vertical satin-brushed finish
- drop-shaped in 18K white gold or 5N red gold
- “Assegai-shaped” in 18K gold for the hours and minutes, baton-shaped for the seconds
- 18K white gold 210Pd non-rhodiumed or 5N red gold
- Water resistance
- 30 m
- Case diameter
- 40 mm
- Case thickness
- 10.70 mm
- in brown or black hand-sewn alligator leather with Alcantara lining
- buckle or double-blade folding clasp in 18K white gold or 5N red gold